Changes from the vanilla game and other notes
- Items are randomized in two pools: Major items/Reserves/E-tanks in one, and the ammo packs in another.
- There is one exception: The e-tank at Hi-Jump is no longer a major item location, it has been moved to the right super missile pack location in Wrecked Ship
- The door into the construction zone (blue brinstar ceiling e-tank room) is now a Blue door and will have zebes activated when you enter it so you can check the items there right away.
- The red tower elevator room's yellow door is blue to prevent softlocks
- Gravity no longer protects you from enviromental damage (heat, lava, acid, spikes). As a side effect, varia protects you from the same sources of damage twice as much as it normally would
- Because of the above change, Varia will never be in Lower Norfair
- Some cutscenes have been removed or shortened.
- Golden 4 Cutscene is eliminated, if you killed all four bosses, the way to Tourian is open immediately upon entering
- Suit animation cutscenes are gone, so it doesn't place you in the middle of the screen, potentially softlocking you in solid blocks
- You will no longer lose blue speed echoes while taking heat damage
- S/T beam is disabled
- GT Code is disabled
- The Intro sequence and Ceres station are no longer in the game, you instead start directly on Zebes from a blank file.
Huge shoutout and thanks to Dessyreqt for his work on the randomizer, without that this would not be a thing at all.
You can find his randomizer here: Super Metroid Randomizer